Use of personal data in LEAD
LEAD is subject to EU Regulation 2016/679, of 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR). Additionally, each partner is subject to the applicable national regulation on the processing of personal data, regardless of whether the processing takes place in the specific country or not.
The GDPR defines ‘personal data’ as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Two different types of data collected and processed by LEAD meet this definition, namely:
- Personal data related to natural persons (names, e-mail addresses, etc.) who will be involved in the Advisory Board, in workshops or in other dissemination activities;
- Anonymised operational data from the Living Labs (indicatively city platform data,business systems data, customers’ data etc.).
Use of personal data when accessing LEAD’s website
- Information that you might provide when you fill out the contact and newsletter form,
- Information that you might provide if you contact us directly (through the contact e-mails listed),
- Information you might provide when completing surveys,
Details of your visits to the website and the resources you access to enable us to monitor and improve our service and to know which parts of the site are of most interest. We may use information about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information about the latest news from the LEAD project and events that may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes,
- To ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner,
- We do not sell or rent out personal information to any other organisations.
These terms and conditions of use apply to your use of the LEAD website.
We will always respond to concerns or queries you may have. If you wish to exercise your rights or have any other general data protection queries, please contact us.