The capillarity and convenience of MC Sonae stores on the top of the electric mobility infrastructure that is being currently deployed in several stores for B2C, provides as well a possibility of exploring it for new B2B scenarios, oriented to delivery/logistics services, based on a PI mindset and electric mobility. This creates an advantage in the expansion of such grids and sustains the Porto Living Lab that mixes energy distribution, retail, logistics and transportation, leveraging & integrating several synergies.
LEAD Strategies to be explored
Some key LEAD strategies will be considered, applied and/or simulated through the Digital Twin, such as: B2C home deliveries (and at Pick-up-points, located at some specific stores), e-vehicles (e-vans); light electric vehicles (e-motorbikes); identification of which of the retail stores should have a EDV charging station and, finallt, route optimization (based on the PI Network concepts).
- The optimisation of delivery routes for EDV’s.
- Comparisons between AS-IS and TO-BE scenarios, including the environmental, social and economic dimensions.
- The development of new business models, including related real-experiments and simulations.
- Leveraging Sonae’s digital platform to capture additional e-commerce growth, with new services to consumers.
- Last Mile route optimization for e-commerce deliveries based on PI principles.