The capillarity and convenience of retail stores networks (in Portugal Sonae operates 697 stores), provides a possibility of using them as B2B and B2C electric charging docks. This creates an advantage in the expansion of such grids and sustains a business case that mixes energy distribution, retail, logistics and transportation, leveraging & integrating synergies from all markets.
LEAD Strategies to be explored
- Retailer – Energy provider partnership
- Retailer stores as EDVs charging docks
- Retailer owned EVs fleet managment
- Dynamic pricing application, e-commerce platform
The LL will explore:
- The optimization of delivery routes for EDV’s, taking into consideration the potential grid of EDV charging stations.
- EDV’s take-up projections if the grid enables mass adoption.
- The development of new business models (e.g. dynamic pricing, incentives research, cost optimization, demand forecast, emissions and supply planning) targeting reduction by 25% in CO2 emissions by 10% in costs per km.
- Leveraging Sonae’s digital platform to capture additional e-commerce growth, with new services to consumers.
- Last Mile optimization for e-commerce deliveries based on PI principles.